Subject: hosting test and research policy repository

Colleagues,

I checked with Jamie Clark on whether there were any OASIS issues with
the idea of the XACML TC hosting a repository of "rather large" policies
contributed for research and test purposes.

Jamie responded, "Seems to me this ought to be a good thing, and ought
to be possible."  He was not concerned about resource costs.  As far as
IP issues, he said any OASIS member can contribute without further
steps.  Non-members can contribute content if accompanied by a Feedback
License from http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/feedback_license.pdf.
"He can just sign & send it in and then we can take his uploads to his
heart's content. ... Or if it's just text, he can send messages in to
the form at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/form.php?wg_abbrev=xacml";

So, is this something we want to do?  I would want the repository and
contribution mechanism designed to minimize my work as TC web person.
We would need a way to logically separate "top-level" policies from
"reference-only" policies in a particular package of policies, as
required in the RBAC model.

Regards,
Anne Anderson