Subject: Re: [xacml] Minutes of June 8, 2006 XACML TC Meeting

Correction to #2:

Bill Parducci wrote On 06/08/06 10:27,:
> Minutes of June 8, 2006
>
> Attendees:
>    Anne Anderson
>    Abbie Barbir
>    Kamalendu Biswas
>    Argyn Kuketayev
>    Hal Lockhart (Co-chair)
>    Bill Parducci (Co-chair, minutes)
>    Ron Williams
>    David Staggs
>
> Quorum was achieved (53% per Kavi)
>
> 1. Approval of minutes from May 25
>      Approved unanimously
>
> 2. SAML Profile update
>     Anne has heavily rewritten the SAML Profile based upon feedback from
>     Eve and Scott in SAML group (Scott offered an alternative solution
>     for XML scheme (xsi:type basis).

The Working Draft #1 that I posted (it's linked from our TC Web Page
under "Work in Progress") was a major extension of the SAML Profile 2.0;
it involved defining a tree of SAML extended elements that could contain
our XACML 2.0 SAML extensions.  But, based on comments received from
Scott Cantor and Eve Maler, it looks like that is not the right way to
go from an XML usage point of view.  That means we go back to what is
now in the SAML Profile 2.0 Errata, plus more explanation and examples
of how to use the XACML extensions with xsi:type.  I hope to have WD#2
ready for review by the end of June.