Subject: Re: [xacml] Issue#39:number of policies to return is too large

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Engovatov wrote:
>>We should define the error in a standard way, however.  SAML has
>
> already >defined errors that seem appropriate, and we can simply specify
> that they >are to be used in this case.
> We already have an error - INDETERMINATE value for policy combining.
> And an implementation dependent status value may be used in the
> response.
> Are you talking about defining such an error in the context of SAML
> profile only?
> Daniel;

Yes.  This issue has to do with an error in the SAML Response to an
XACMLPolicyQuery.  There would be no way to return an XACML error
status, since there would be no XACML Response Context involved.  What I
proposed is, I think, the standard way for this type of error to be
reported in a SAML protocol.

Anne H. Anderson               Anne.Anderson@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Labs          1-781-442-0928
Burlington, MA USA