Subject: Re: [xacml] Defaults in policies

> I have added issue 65, Defaults in policies to make them less verbose to
> the issues list:
>
> We got a suggestion that we define default values for some parts of
> policies in order to make them less verbose in most cases.
>
> [WWW] http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200512/msg00010.html
>
> Is this something we want to do in 3.0?

For what it's worth, I'm not crazy about these ideas. It's a pretty
minimal amount of "verbosity" that we're talking about. Plus, for
policies that don't use strings so often (most of the policies that I
use) it's no savings. We could spend months arguing which defaults to
use, but in the end I think it will only cater to specific environments,
  and while it may save a few bytes, it makes policies much less clear
(in my opinion). XML is already verbose; I'd like to see our policies at
least be explicit.

seth