Subject: Re: [xacml] New core and delegation drafts uploaded

Hi Eric,

I am trying to get a handle on what is included in XACML 3.0 that
is different from XACML 2.0. Is there a doc that lists each spec
and what changes have been made to it, plus a list of new specs
and what they consist of?

I think there were some attempts along these lines in 1.0->2.0,

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/12821/xacml_1.x_2.0_diffs_draft.doc

as well as an initial list of work items for 3.0:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/13387/XACML%203.0%20open%20issues%20and%20work%20items.doc

However, I have not found something similar for 2.0->3.0.

The reason I ask is that I think it would be useful to have a list of the
major changes that are in the 3.0 package, so that when the time comes
for approval votes that we have a full context for evaluating the package.

What I would envision is for example in the core doc, a list of the major
issues that were addressed, possibly with a pointer to the main section(s)
of the doc where the changes associated with that issue may be found.

For the new docs, possibly a brief list of the major reqts that drove the
need for the new spec, possibly w pointers to email archives where
discussion relevant to the plans for the spec might have occurred.

Finally, each schema probably should have a list of changes as well.

I would be happy to help out with this, but it would be useful if any
existing items along these lines would be made known for a good
starting point.

    Thanks,
    Rich