Subject: xml:id and the schema

All,

I did not get a response from the person Hal suggested I contact about
the xml:id issue. I did some more digging and I found more information.
If you browse to the following URL:

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd

There is a piece of text which says the following (In the section called
"About this schema document" at the end):

--8<--
This schema defines attributes and an attribute group suitable for use
by schemas wishing to allow xml:base, xml:lang, xml:space or xml:id
attributes on elements they define.

To enable this, such a schema must import this schema for the XML
namespace, e.g. as follows:

          <schema . . .>
           . . .
           <import namespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace";
                      schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd"/>
--8<--

 From it seems pretty clear that we must declare the xml:id attribute on
the <Attributes> element, or it won't validate against the schema. I've
tried a couple of schema validators too and it won't work without the
declaration.

So, I will add the declaration to our schema.

Best regards,