Subject: Comments on cd-1 core-spec

Hi all,

here are a few nit-picks on the cd-1 core-spec. I'll send more as I
proceed reading:

page 12, Glossary, definition of "Context handler"
I think we need to explain the differences to a PEP here. They actually
get explained later, but someone checking the glossary will wonder why
the TC introduced this extra entity.

page 13, Glossary, definition of "PIP"
Shouldn't we also have the  "This term is defined in a joint effort by
the IETF ..." text here, like in the definitions for PEP and PDP?

page 15, section 1.3 Schema organization and namespaces
Shouldn't the namespace end with 'cd-1' instead of  'wd-11'?

page 29, section 4.1.1 Example policy line [a3]
Shouldn't we use the official current XACML v3.0 namespace?
"urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:core:schema:cd-1"

And the one that is most important to me:

xacml-core-v3-schema-cd-1.xsd, lines 367-368
The intention, as far as I interpret it was to let a policy have one or
more of the elements {Rule, VariableDefinition, CombinerParameters,
RuleCombinerParameters}. However the addition of 'minOccurs="0"' to both
CombinerParameters and RuleCombinerParameters allows to create a schema
valid policy that has none of the elements above.
I think a policy without a rule utterly meaningless (or am I overlooking
something here?) and the schema should not permit it. I suggest we
remove the 'minOccurs="0"' from both CombinerParamters and
RuleCombinerParameters).

Regards,

Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD             |   Axiomatics AB
Training & Development        |   Electrum 223