Subject: CD-1 issue #9: xpath-node-match node type issue

The issue number refers to the XLS-sheet found in this email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/200909/msg00013.html

Currently the definition of the xpath-node-match function says that it
returns true if "[...] (2) any attribute and element node below any of
the XML nodes in the node-set matched by the first argument is equal to
any of the XML nodes in the node-set matched by the second argument."

The commenter wants to change it to "... (2) any attribute, element and
TEXT NODE ..."

The current text is inherited from XACML 2.0, although the function has
been changed in other ways and has 3.0 identifier.

For me, I think it should say "(2) any node below...." since I don't see
why it should be restricted to a subset of the XML node types.

Does anyone know the history of this? If nobody knows any better, I
propose that we remove the restriction on particular node types.

Best regards,