Subject: RE: [xacml] update multiple profile wording

It is difficult to fully specify this sort of thing in natural language.  It would be possible to write an XSLT transformation to serve as a normative reference model of the required behavior.  The transform would take any valid XACML Request as input, and emit 1 or more Requests, each of which requested a single authorization decision.

--Paul

From: Tyson, Paul H
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2009 13:31
To: XACML TC
Subject: [xacml] update multiple profile wording

Given the expanded scope of the v3 "multiple resource" profile, I suggest we direct the editor to replace all references to "multiple resources" with more appropriate pharases, such as "multiple authorization decisions" or something.  This would include changing the title to something like "Multiple Authorization Decision Profile".

Recent messages on xacml-users [1],[2] have indicated some confusion about the intent of this profile, which could be cleared up with this rewrite.

Regards,

--Paul

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-users/200909/msg00003.html

[2] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-users/200909/msg00009.html