Subject: Re: [xacml] Revised proposal for issue #11, using XPath/URI pathexpressions

Hi Rich,

No, I still don't understand how the identifiers could be used as xpaths
in policies.

I can understand the regexp case. For instance, assume that the request
contains

<Attributes Category="resource">
  <Attribute AttributeId="resource-id">
    <AttributeValue
Datatype="anyURI">http://example.com/foo#*:bar[namespace-uri='example.com/ns1']</AttributeValue>
  </Attribute>
</Attributes>

then one could do something like this in a policy:

<Match MatchId="urn:....:anyURI-regexp-match">
  <AttributeValue Datatype="string">...some regexp here...</AttributeValue>
  <AttributeDesignator AttributeId="resource-id" Datatype="anyURI"/>
</Match>

But how would you use the resource-id as an xpath expression? Where
would you put it in the policy and using what construct?

Best regards,
Erik