[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: RE: Call for Presentations for OASIS Identity Management 2010 Conference @ World Bank-Washington, DC
Dear OASIS Members,
Just sending a reminder that the deadline for the presentation proposals is 4 June. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Kind regards, Jane
Identity Management 2010 Conference
27-28 September 2010
World Bank Headquarters, Washington DC
Deadline for Proposals: 4 June
Program Theme: Worldwide Identity Solutions for Online Security, Privacy and Trust
Governments around the world today are delivering more efficient, effective and accessible services to their citizens, despite dealing with constantly changing new technologies and modes of communication that expose them to unprecedented cyber security risks.
Policy leaders and program managers are confronted daily by major security, privacy and trust challenges from both policy and implementation perspectives. Identity management, access and associated security technologies are critical components of e-government. Open standards and their integration across emerging federated infrastructures are beginning to bring both order and solutions to these challenges. Innovative identity solutions are being implemented in collaborative efforts between governments and private sector organizations today, including major federated identity initiatives, national approaches to secure online transactions, new privacy models, and focused efforts to secure health IT, smart grid, and cloud computing environments. Much can be learned from these implementations.
Identity Management 2010 is dedicated to facilitating the open exchange of information between governments and technology experts on such issues and solutions. Representatives from governments and industry around the world will come together to learn and share information about the important and relevant technology development, implementation, risk management challenges and success stories. The conference will help both government officials and private sector organizations contribute, disseminate knowledge, and learn from each others' work. The international dimension to this conference program recognizes the global cyber infrastructure, and will bring together expert practitioners focusing on breaking down cultural, geo-political and technical barriers to improved security, privacy and trust in online systems everywhere.
OASIS invites proposals that share experiences and knowledge, through case study presentations, interoperability demonstrations, and Q&A debating roundtables. Implementation case studies that address the critical technical, business and cost-benefit issues currently being faced in identity today, are of particular interest. Also encouraged are proposals that analyze the challenges and bottlenecks faced by both developed and developing countries.
The program committee is soliciting proposals in the following and similar areas:
· National initiatives using federated and novel identity and access control solutions
· Privacy and trust initiatives
· Case studies in key emerging infrastructures such as e-government, health IT, financial services, and smart grid
· Trusted collaboration and information sharing models and implementations
· Interoperability, governance, and trust in cloud computing environments
· Legal and policy challenges in online trust
· New standards and profiles development
· Risk assessment, management and metrics
· Reducing costs and increasing business efficiency using identity and access management
· Perspectives on implementation costs for key stake holders, including businesses and consumers alike
· New and emerging technologies
For complete submission guidelines and to submit a proposal, please go to the event website: http://events.oasis-open.org/home/IDM/2010/call
Dates to Remember:
· Proposals due by – 4 June 2010
· Notifications will be sent by – 7 July 2010
· Conference Dates – 27–28 September 2010