OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes TC meeting 21 October 2010

I. Roll Call
 Voting Members
  Hal Lockhart (Chair)
  Bill Parducci (Co-Chair, minutes)
  Erik Rissanen
  Paul Tyson
  Gareth Richards
  Sridhar Muppidi
  Rich Levinson
  Hal Lockhart
  John Tolbert
  John "Mike" Davis

  Tony Nadalin
  David Chadwick

 Guest Member
  Greg Neven, IBM Research

Quorum met: (72% per Kavi) 

II. Administrivia
 Approve Minutes:
  7 October 2010 TC Meeting:
  APPROVED unanimously

 Oasis Changes
  A number of changes have been adopted by OAsis, including the Public
  Review Process.

  Oasis has now introduced the idea of an Informative document track
  for non-normative documents. (e.g white papers presentations, guides,

  New, normative documents are now required to be submitted to the TC
  Chair(s) and the appropriate document template will be provided.

  US will not have changed to Daylight Savings Time by the next meeting,
  whereas the EU will have adjusted then. This will affect the time of 
  the next meeting only for non-US members.

III. Issues
 Hl7 examples
  There has been a request on the xacml-users list for clarification in
  Hl7 Attributes in the XSPA Profile.

 PIP directive
  David Chadwick has raised the concept of additional processing
  associated with PDP <-> PIP interaction on the list. No discussion.

IV. Guest Presentation
 Primelife Project
  Greg Neven of IBM Research, Zurich presented overview of the
  Primelife Project with proposals of how XACML and SAML may be
  able to address various requirements associated with this work.

  Bill posted Greg's presentation here:

  Discussion: Paul noted that there have been some ontological
  discussions on Attributes that may be applicable to this solution.
  Mike Davis voiced interest in exploring this direction as well. 

  H17 noted that they developing simple hierarchical ontologies using
  OWL to the healthcare space.

  Tony raised a question on how anonymized Predicates may be assigned
  to a Subject without compromising anonymity.

  David Chadwick offered that a solution he is working with relies upon
  a localized PIP to address credential validation. Greg noted that
  this is for Attribute values only and not Predicates.

  Paul suggested that the proposed insertion of Conditions into a SAML
  assertion is a concern because they are not the these are not the same
  logical data types. 

meeting adjourned

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]