Subject: RE: [xacml] XACML versions and ITU

> Since I'm new to the XACML TC and to OASIS in general, I'm
> curious as to what an Errata difference file is and how it
> would be created?

All the OASIS TC Process says is:

	"Adopting the set of proposed corrections as a Committee Specification Draft, in the form of a list of
	changes, and optionally accompanied by a copy of the original OASIS Standard text marked to incorporate
	the proposed changes."

We have the second, but not the first.

The problem is that the 2.0 spec referenced a specification which had not been formally approved (XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators). To make it satisfactory to ITU-T Abbie Barbir copied the relevant text into the document that became the ITU-T recommendation. Subsequently an updated document was produced by the XACML TC which contains these changes and other reported Errata. (The draft document in question was never approved, but has been superceded by other work.)

In 2006, Approved Errata was added to the OASIS TC Process, but because of the complexity of the changes simply mechanically generating the differences between the documents would not produce anything readable. What is need is for someone to sit down and figure out what the actual changes are, not line by line, but in terms of individual consistent modifications. Then we could have something we could vote on and publicly review as specified by the TC Process.

Hal