OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: EIC 2012 - representing the XACML TC

Dear all,

As Rich pointed out, I volunteered to represent the TC at EIC in Munich in a fortnight. If there is particular work items you would like to put forward, please do let me know. If there are upcoming XACML events you want me to mention, please do tell me as well.

Kind regards,

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM, rich levinson <rich.levinson@oracle.com> wrote:
Time: 13:00 EDT (GMT-0400)
Tel: 513-241-0892
Access Code: 65998

Minutes for 5 April 2012 TC Meeting: (2nd update w 2nd attendance correction)

 Thanks to Danny Thorpe of Quest Software for collecting
  the details that are used as the basis for these minutes.

I  Roll Call

Voting Members
       Crystal Hayes   The Boeing Company
       Richard Hill    The Boeing Company
       Rich Levinson   Oracle
       Hal Lockhart    Oracle
       Bill Parducci   Individual
       Remon Sinnema   EMC
       Danny Thorpe    Quest Software
       John Tolbert    The Boeing Company
       Paul Tyson      Bell Helicopter Textron Inc.
       Erik Rissanen   Axiomatics

  Approve Minutes:

  Since no quorum at Mar 22 mtg, still need to approve Mar 8 minutes:
  8 March 2012 TC Meeting
  22 March 2012 TC Meeting

    Accepted minutes from prev 2 meetings.
     No objections to unanimous consent.

II. Administrivia

  Speaking opportunity for XACML TC at European Identity Conf (EIC)
   in Munich 17 April: Jane wanted to know by 3/30, but let's discuss
   if any interest, then can find out if still available:

       dave broussard signed up for EIC speaking

  XACML Core v3.0 WD-23 uploaded: still open issue as to what the
   baseline for this rev is: i.e. did not seem to match w wd22.
   See mtg minutes for more detail:
   original wd-23 notice:

       ready to vote to CSD wd23? (hal)
       Recent diffs make it difficult to review changes,
        need to discuss changes in identity wording (rich)
       Typography issues need to be fixed prior to CSD?
        (eric, ray fine without font changes)
       Move to take wd23 to CSD (eric) seconded (ray)
       Do cross references need to be updated now?
         How did we do it last time?
       Defer vote for CSD to next call to allow time to research,
        address cross references
       Urge everyone to review docs,
        be prepared for CSD vote on next call

  New item (rich): off list request rcvd from Oded Sofer of IBM
   asking when XACML 3.0 expected to be released:

    hal: indicated that while ind members may express their
       opinions on projected dates, it is the TC process itself,
       and the TC, as a whole, that determines the actual

    interested parties may refer to the OASIS Technical Committee
       Approval Process to provide a basis for understanding where
       in the process a specific spec is, and what remains for
       its final approval:

    also noted: do existing attestions need to reattest in light of
        recent edits to spec? (rich, hal) - we will revisit this
        as we move along in the process - no issues expected, but
        it may be prudent to reissue the attestations referring to
        the specific version being referred to.

III. Issues
  XACML Media Types (last mtg members asked to review the comments)
  (Comment: Erik)

       Ray to update document for next call
       (john) no way to exchange request (collection of attributes)
        without a compete decision request around it
       How does PDP get all xacml attributes from, say, PIP?
       (hal) Note recent proposal in SAML TC.
       (john) could suffice, but can that handle non-subject attributes?
       (john) Among the collection of media types defined,
        there appears to be a gap
       (hal) can be extended later
       (ray) media types we have so far should be enough for
        the REST profile

  XACML Core v3.0 Comments
  (Comment: Remon) also added comment in minutes about diagram
    needs minor fix)

  XACML v3.0 Open Items
  Issues list:

  Issue #3:  Combining Algorithm
   general consensus is to create a separate Profile; erik to author

    Eric posted a proposal for this comb alg as a separate profile.
     Needs review.

  Issue #4 Context Handler
   update in latest draft wd-23: members should review

  Issue #8 Schema Anomalies ("choice element" or "Policy w no Rules")
    rich has action to post to wiki details of this issue and what
     suggested action will be.

       Meeting adjourned approx: 1:35
       Next call April 19

To unsubscribe, e-mail: xacml-unsubscribe@lists.oasis-open.org
For additional commands, e-mail: xacml-help@lists.oasis-open.org

Axiomatics AB
Skeppsbron 40
S-111 30 Stockholm, Sweden

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]