Subject: RE: [xacml] [xacml-users] REST Profile - PDP Issues

Danny,

After re-reading, I think Hal is right. RFC 2616 defines idempotence in terms of side-effects. An access request should not have side effects, so it is idempotent, even though the response may change when the request is repeated. In fact, an access request is even safe (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-9.1.1).

So that kills my argument against HTTP pipelining, and therefore Hal is probably right that we need to write something up on how to handle it.

Thanks,
Ray