Subject: RE: [xacml] [xacml-users] REST Profile - PDP Issues

Hal, TC,

I've looked at HTTP pipelining in more detail. RFC 2617 states that the responses must be send back in the order that the requests arrived:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-8.1.2.2
So for HTTP pipelining, there doesn't seem to be an issue of correlating request and response.

If there are other scenarios where this really is an issue, then we could add custom HTTP headers that correspond to the ID and InResponseTo SAML attributes.

I wonder if this is a common enough use case to warrant standardization in the REST profile? What do people think?

Thanks,
Ray