OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes 31 May TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Approve Minutes:
  Voting Members
   Hal Lockhart (Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair/Minutes)
   Rich Levinson
   Erik Rissanen
   Remon Sinnema
   Danny Thorpe
   John Tolbert
   Richard Hill

   Radu Marian
   Anil Saldhana
   David Staggs

  Quorum met (80% per Oasis)

II. Administrivia
  XACML Core
   Hal Core PR started 15 day review

  IPC Profile
   ACTION: Bill will post request for CS and PR with Oasis.

   Hal and Radu confirmed Radu is working with Abbie Barbir and that
   the TC is offering technical support.

   The TC voted to endorse the document posted by John re: IETF PLASMA
   Tolbert as an official response by the TC.
   Motion: John
   Second: Richard Hill
   APPROVED unanimous consent

  Capturing ToDos
   Hal reiterated the the wiki is the best place for capturing a
   variety of input, including links.

III. Issues Active on List

 REST Profile of XACML v3.0
  Working Version 1,0, draft 04 uploaded. Hal reviewed the current
  state of the discussion. He opined that by by first focusing on the
  (more "traditional") PEP/PDP interaction before tackling PAP
  Remon offered that it is necessary to specify policy management as
  well so the PAP needs to be addressed as part of the solution.
  Erik countered that policy management is too complex to address as
  part of this. 
  Richard concurred, saying that Policy management is beyond the
  context of the RESTful interface scope specification.
  Danny suggested that making an update to a Policy requires some level
  of specification at the PAP level or interoperability may be lost.
  He is OK with the concept of the declaring that this solution is
  designed to solve discoverability/performance issues only and that it
  may be best to address it in this manner at first with the intent of
  revisiting it when the update (POST) case is better defined. 
  Anil pointed out that the Atom project has recently adopted JSON.
  Rich suggested tackling the problem in a modular fashion.
  Hal noted that the first working document the TC is working on is 
  effectively a linear translation of current XML interaction.
  Danny clarified his position that the Update (POST) mechanism is left
  undefined at this time.
  Hal voiced concern that the lack of specification could lead to
  Danny noted this is left to interpretation for version numbering.
  Hal suggested that versioning would have to be addressed via the 
  structural definition of the specification. 
  Remon suggested that if we split the PDP and PAP profiles it would
  lead to significant overlap in the Profiles.
  There is general consensus that if the PAP interaction is not fully
  ready at this time it would best to remove if from the discussion
  rather than create two separate Profiles.

  JSON Representation in XACML
   Hal raised the question if the TC wants to create a representation
   that is good enough for Polices and request/response in "Phase 1".
   "Phase 2" would entail developing a "round-tripping" mechanism
    between XML and JSON. 
   "Phase 3" would involve a comprehensive JSON based solution;

   Anil opined that if we can represent request/response in JSON it
   would address most Use Cases. Hal noted that there seems to be
   significant interested in seeing Polices and "round tripping".
   Danny agreed, saying that a mechanical solution to perform mapping
   will be necessary, since JSON is not suited for human consumption.
   Hal voiced a concern that the TC ensure that the JSON solution
   implemented for the request/response mechanism is applicable to Policy
   Danny suggested that if the TC is concerned about selecting the
   "wrong" JSON/XML mapping standard that we it consider developing it's
   own mapping.

  Comments posted on XACML-Comments
   Hal noted that there were some comments posted pertaining to XACML
   Core specification. He encourages the TC to take a look at the list
   to evaluate those recently posted.

meeting adjourned


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]