Subject: RE: [xacml] Proposed PAP Architecture

Hal

I suggest that we add:

a) Repository: configuration management (possibly offloading some of the configuration management under discussion with the REST profile)
b) Policy Distribution Function: distribution of policies between PAP. This way the model support "horizontal" distribution (between multiple PAP, typically of different administrative domains) together with "vertical" distribution (between a PAP and multiple PDP, typically of the same administrative domain).
c) Some kind of "Cohort Authoring Function": I believe that creating a consistent and workable Cohort is not trivial activity that "Policy Authoring" alone can support, as some consistency needs to be guaranteed within a Cohort (I assume that your proposed Policy Authoring Function essentially considers one policy at a time).

Regards,
Jean-Paul Buu-Sao

-----Original Message-----
From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Hal Lockhart
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 00:31
To: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xacml] Proposed PAP Architecture

I have added a new page to the wiki to develop an agreed upon minimum architecture for the sub components of the Policy Administration Point (PAP).

https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xacml/Policy%20Administration%20Point%20Architecture

I believe that if we can come to agreement on these components and their functions, it will provide a solid basis for defining the necessary protocols and interfaces.

Please take a look and make comments or modifications.

Hal