Subject: "Reduction" term

Per discussion on the TC call yesterday, I’ve checked the Multi-Request profile text and have found that it does not use the term “reduction” to refer to the transformation of a multi-request representation into multiple Individual Requests.  I was mistaken.

Nevertheless, I don’t see much value in casting about for new words or euphemisms to describe a reduction transform when the word reduction works perfectly well. Reduction is any transformation that takes a higher order representation and produces a lower order (less complex) representation. The term is equally accurate when referring to Admin profile delegation transforms, multi-request transforms, policy template transforms.

Reserving the term “reduction” to only refer to Admin profile delegation transforms isn’t really helpful because “reduction” is already a generic term. The natural inclination will be to qualify the term, to indicate reduction “of what”.

Just my 2 cents.  :>

-Danny

Danny Thorpe

Product Architect | | Quest Software - Now including the people and products of BiTKOO | www.quest.com