Subject: Obligation and Advice handling in case of indeterminates

Hi all,

Regarding Obligation and Advice handling in case of indeterminates the spec says the following:

“…As a consequence of this procedure, no obligations or advice SHALL be returned to the PEP if the rule, policies, or policy sets from which they are drawn are not evaluated, or if their evaluated result is "Indeterminate" or "NotApplicable", or if the decision resulting from evaluating the rule, policy, or policy set does not match the decision resulting from evaluating an enclosing policy set.”

I encountered differen use cases were this constraint led to several limitations. Why did we define this constraint. Is it explicitly required? What if obligations get dischared in an obligation handler called by the context handler and not by the pep. What I would need is the option return obligations even if some indeterminate occurs.

Thanks upfront for your thoughts on this issue.

Best regards

Jan

With best regards,
Jan Herrmann