Subject: Advancing XACML 3.0 Core towards OASIS Standard on the next call

Having received 4 Statements of Use regarding XACML 3.0 Core (1 more than we need) we can proceed towards making it an OASIS Standard. This is a brief overview of the process including particularly the steps which will occur on Thursday's call.

First, we need quorum, so voting members should make an effort to attend.

1. We need to vote to accept the Statements of Use. This only requires a simple majority of those present.

2. We need to vote to request an electronic ballot to submit CS02 as a candidate OASIS Standard. This also needs only a simple majority of those present.

Following the meeting TC admin will start the requested electronic ballot to vote to submit. This requires a Special Majority which means 2/3 of voting members vote yes and not more than 1/4 vote no.

After this passes, the Chairs and Editor will assemble a package including all the items listed in section 3.4.1 of the TC process and submit it to TC Admin. They have 15 days to check it. Once they are happy with it, the TC is essentially done.

Next it is put up for a 60 day Public Review. Once this is complete a ballot is held where only the representatives of Organizational Members can vote. There is one vote per organization. To pass we need 15% of the members which works out to around 50 votes. During the ballot we will ask TC members to help get out the vote.

Hal