Subject: Re: [xacml] Summary of the 3 proposed syntaxes for Policy Template

Jean-Paul,

On 16/10/2012 7:48 PM, Jean-Paul Buu-Sao wrote:
Thanks Steven for checking the syntax across the board.

Option2: I would like to suggest the following name changes:

  On the Policy Template:
     ValueParameter  to be renamed to SingleParameter

I prefer ValueParameter over SingleParameter because "value" is an existing
concept in XACML and "single" begs the question "single what?".

     BagParameter  OK
  On the Policy Template Data:
    ActualValueParameter to be renamed SingleParameterValue
    ActualBaggParameter to be renamed BagParameterValue

At this point in the discussions I was going for clarity over aesthetics.
If option 2 becomes the chosen way forward, then there are a number of ways
of naming the actual parameters.

(a) If ValueParameter and BagParameter in templates are in a different namespace
    from the template data, then the template data could also use the same names
    for the actual parameters. That could be confusing though.

(b) Instead of ActualValueParameter we could have:
        <Parameter single="true">...</Parameter>
    or
        <Parameter bag="false">...</Parameter>

    Instead of ActualBagParameter we could have
        <Parameter single="false">...</Parameter>
    or
        <Parameter bag="true">...</Parameter>

    I would suggest that "false" be the default value of the XML attribute in
    either case. Instead of Parameter we could have ParameterValue or
    ActualParameter.

(c) ParameterValue instead of ActualValueParameter,
    BagParameterValue instead of ActualBagParameter.

(d) Any other pair of unused names, such as what you have suggested.

Regards,
Steven

What do you think?
Thanks,