Subject: Re: [xacml] Putting the final touches to the JSON representation

Hi Ray, all,

I just uploaded WD06. It contains what I think is needed for the IANA registration based on what you had in your document Ray.

I want to close the WD and move quickly since I will hopefully be demoing the JSON work at the Gartner Identity & Access Management Summit in December. Hopefully, by then, I should have a working prototype.

Also, I understand this is also what we want to demo at RSA 2013. This means we need to have the WD in a workable state well before the holiday season so all interested parties get a chance to build a prototype in January if not earlier.

Cheers,
David.

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Sinnema, Remon <remon.sinnema@emc.com> wrote:
Hi David,

From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of David Brossard
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2012 12:23 PM
To: Sinnema, Remon
Cc: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org

> I take it you didn't apply for an IANA registration for XACML Media Type application/xacml+json

That's correct, I didn't.

> Do we want to register such a media type?

Yes, so that we can use it for content negotiation, e.g in REST calls.

> How would that relate to your registration since yours is simply called XACML Media Type.

Yeah, maybe I should have put XML in the title there. The abstract clearly states that it's about XML, though.

> Does it mean we would add xacml+json as a subsection?

I'm not sure you can register multiple media types in one document.

Anyway, we should keep the registration details for the media format as close to the definition of the format as possible. For the JSON media type, that is the JSON profile.

The XML-based media type is registered separately because we didn't want to update the core spec, where the format is defined. Future versions of the core spec should include a section on the media type as well.

Thanks,
Ray

--
David Brossard, M.Eng, SCEA, CSTP