Subject: Meeting Time - Timezones/DST shifts

Currently the US and Europe are on Standard (winter) Time. Victoria, AU is on Daylight Savings (summer) Time.

On March 10, the US will shift forward 1 hour to DST.
On March 31, Europe will shift forward 1 hour to DST.
On April 7, Victoria will shift backwards 1 hour to Standard Time.

This week's call (March 7) will occur at the following time:

San Francisco - 12 noon
Boston - 3 PM
Europe - 9 PM
Victoria - 7 AM

If we make no adjustment to our meeting time (keep it at 3 PM EDT),

for those in Europe the March 21 meeting will be a 8 PM and return to 9 PM beginning April 4,

but for those in Victoria, the meeting will shift to 6 AM for March 21 and April 4 and then shift to 5 AM for April 18 and thereafter.

The simplest way to fix this is to move the meeting time to 5 PM EDT beginning March 21.

This will produce the following schedule:

March 21

San Francisco - 2 PM
Boston - 5 PM
Europe - 10 PM
Victoria - 8 AM

April 4

San Francisco - 2 PM
Boston - 5 PM
Europe - 11 PM
Victoria - 8 AM

April 18 and subsequent

San Francisco - 2 PM
Boston - 5 PM
Europe - 11 PM
Victoria - 7 AM

(I have a conflict because of the KMIP TC at 4 PM ET. If the TC finds that 4 PM ET is the best time to meet I will find some way to attend.)

Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?

Hal