Subject: Re: [xacml] REST Profile Entry Point

Hi Ray,

I noticed that Erik Wilde published an Internet-draft with the missing definitions
for home documents ( http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-wilde-home-xml-00.txt ),
however there are discrepancies between the definitions in the Internet-draft
and the example in the REST profile that need to be sorted out. The reference
for [HomeDocument] also needs to be updated to point at Erik's draft.

Regards,
Steven

On 8/03/2013 2:18 AM, Sinnema, Remon wrote:
HI Steven,

-----Original Message-----
From: xacml@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xacml@lists.oasis-open.org] On
Behalf Of Steven Legg
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2013 3:27 AM
To: Sinnema, Remon
Subject: [xacml] REST Profile Entry Point

The latest draft of the REST profile (xacml-rest-v1.0-wd07.doc) has this
example response from a server for a GET request on the entry point:

<resources xmlns="http://ietf.org/ns/home-documents";
      xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom";>
    <resource rel="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/xacml/relation/pdp";>
      <atom:link href="/authorization/pdp"/>
    </resource>
</resources>

I haven't been able to find an XML Schema for the "http://ietf.org/ns/home-
documents"
namespace, nor a specification that defines the <resources> element and its
contents. Where is the normative definition of these things ?

Section 2.2.1, Entry Point, refers to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nottingham-json-home-00, the Internet-Draft for home documents. It doesn't contain any XML schema, but it does have JSON examples. I simply translated those to XML.

I think my colleague Erik Wilde has contacted the I-D author about including XML schema, but I don't know what the status is. In the meantime, this is what I use for my current project:

   <xs:element name="link">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:attribute name="href" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>

   <xs:element name="template">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:sequence maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0">
         <xs:element name="var">
           <xs:complexType>
             <xs:attribute name="name" use="required"/>
             <xs:attribute name="uri" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>
           </xs:complexType>
         </xs:element>
       </xs:sequence>
       <xs:attribute name="href-template" use="required"/>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>

   <xs:element name="resource">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:choice>
         <xs:element ref="link"/>
         <xs:element ref="template"/>
       </xs:choice>
       <xs:attribute name="rel" type="xs:anyURI" use="required"/>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>

   <xs:element name="resources">
     <xs:complexType>
       <xs:sequence>
         <xs:element ref="resource" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
       </xs:sequence>
     </xs:complexType>
   </xs:element>

Note that in this case I chose to define "link" myself, instead of borrowing from Atom, as the REST profile example does.

Thanks,
Ray