OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xacml message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Minutes 13 June 2013 TC meeting

Time: 16:30 ET (GMT-0500)
Tel: 513-241-0892
Access Code: 65998

I. Roll Call
   Voting Members:
    Hal Lockhart (Chair)
    Bill Parducci (Chair)
    Crystal Hayes
    Richard Hill
    Mohammad Jafari
    Steven Legg
    Remon Sinnema
    John Tolbert

    David Brossard

   Quorum met: 72%

   Approve Minutes:
    30 May 2013 TC Meeting
    Approved unanimously

II. Administrivia
   Request/Response Interface based on JSON and HTTP for XACML 3.0 Version 1.0 uploaded
   David: Request's feedback. will upload a clean version and will
          submit for Committee Draft. TC members encouraged to review.
          David noted that Attributes were mapped to Category in JSON.
   Steven/Hal: noted that Rich was in favor of Entity. 
   There were no objections to the use of Entity. This will be
   reflected in the next version.
   Hal: This will be a 30-day review since it is the first review.

   Response to NIST
    Hal: response to NIST ABAC document was sent.

   NIST ABAC Workshop
    Hal and John Tolbert received invites. 
    John: reviewed the context of NIST work based upon his recent
          interaction with the group. John has extended an invitation
          to anyone in the TC who is interested to participate. Hal and
          someone from Axiomatics will be in attendance for this 1-day 
          event in Maryland.

   Export Compliance Profile Candidate Oasis Standard: PASSED
   IPC Profile Candidate Oasis Standard: PASSED
    ACTION ITEM: Editors are requested to begin collecting the
                 materials necessary for submission of vote for
                 specification. (Section 3.4.1, Items A-K)
    John: Would like to submit both of these with REST

   REST Profile Candidate Oasis Standard: FAILED
    VOTE to request TC Administration to start a Special Majority Vote to
    approve Committee Specification REST Profile of XACML v3.0, Version 1.0
    as an Oasis Standard. 

    Authoritative Version: 

    Motion to request: Remon Sinnema
    Second: David Broussard
    VOTE: Approved unanimously

   TCG TNC MAP Content Authorization Spec
    Richard: This specification is much detailed than the Profile that
             was submitted. Should the comments be submitted individually or rolled-up?
    Hal: The TC is encouraged to review the work. Individual feedback
         is the only practical manner given the timeline.

III. Issues
   OAuth Scope expressed in XACML
   Hal: briefly reviewed OAuth and how XACML fits in with OAuth "Scope".
        This approach solves a perceived gap in OAuth using mostly
        existing XACML machinery. The solution depends upon a mapping
        of XACML Policy onto JSON.

   XSPA New Use Case
    Mohammad: A Policy is dynamically created in the Request Context.
              The goal is to attach a Policy with the request and
              submit it to the PDP. 
     Hal: v3.0 this can be supported with administrative delegation 
          Profile. They exist in the Request Context, but require an
          Admin Policy that allows the requester to evoke that policy.
    Steven: This is actually in the SAML Profile. Also, the JSON 
            encoding doesn't provide this capability in a Request.

   Distribution of obligations across multiple handlers
    Use cases posted to wiki
    TC Members encouraged to review.

   JSON Profile - "Category vs Entity|Object issue"
    No discussion.

   Generalizing on-permit-apply-second
    Bill: I'm withholding further comment until Erik is able post his

   Errata: XPathCategroy
    Hal: This bring to mind the effort to track v3.0 errata.
    ACTION ITEM: Bill to check status.

   Obligations & Combining Algorithms
    Steven: Looking for a way to make Obligations easier to handle to
            avoid making big changed to the Core spec. Erik has since
            then come back suggesting that we may wish to pursue
            something more aggressive. 
    Hal: This is something that we will likely need to get a handle on
         pretty soon given the increase in interest in the area.

meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]