Subject: Entity... Category... Attributes - JSON profile

The last time I was on the call 3 weeks ago, I said I was ok with using the word entity.

All things considered, I don't want to do that. While I think it's a great idea, I don't want to deviate the JSON profile from XACML 3.0. It will make training and explanations more complicated.

If I decide to call the <Attributes/> element something else, I should call it Category since the first child is CategoryId and the notion of a category is well established in XACML 3.0

If I call it Entity then I'd have to rename CategoryId to EntityId or plain Id. I would then have to explain to users of the JSON profile what Entity is and why a different name was used. That just complicates things.

So I'll stick to the name Category.

Any big massive objection? I have been slow and delayed in this work so I now want to finish it off. This is -  I believe - the last detail. I've also written sample code which complies with the profile to verify the workability of the profile. It looks good so far.

Cheers,
David.

--
David Brossard, M.Eng, SCEA, CSTP