Subject: Question on Combining Alg

Hi All,

So I have an interesting question that I cannot find addressed in the spec.  I feel silly even asking this,  but:

How should combining algorithms be handled when there is both a policySet as well as a policy defined.

I take the example from the RSA interop example:

<PolicySet PolicyCombiningAlgId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:policy-combining-algorithm:deny-overrides">

<Policy RuleCombiningAlgId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-unless-permit">

<Policy RuleCombiningAlgId="urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:3.0:rule-combining-algorithm:deny-unless-permit">

I take this to be read as "Always return DENY"  since:
Policy 1 is evaluated, all rules are evaluated, and result is PERMIT ,
Policy 2 is evaluated, all rules are evaluated and result is NOT APPLICABLE
        Policy Combiner deny-unless-permit is applied leaving result as DENY.

Policy Set combiner is evaluated  deny-overrides  : and since Policy 2 results in Deny,  Even tho there is a a PERMIT from Policy 1,  result should be DENY .

Can someone explain to me where I am misunderstanding?

Thanx

Allan

--
Simplify Email: Email Charter