Subject: Minutes TC meeting 17 October 2013

Minutes for 17 October 2013 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call
  Voting Members
   Crystal Hayes
   Richard Hill
   Mohammad Jafari
   Steven Legg
   Hal Lockhart Chair
   Bill Parducci Chair
   Remon Sinnema
   John Tolbert
   Rich Levinson

  Member
   Greg Smith

  Quorum Achieved - 80% (per Oasis)
   Yes. 8 of 10 (80%) (used for quorum calculation)

  Minutes 3 October 2013 TC Meeting
   APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

II. Administrivia
  Approve Working Draft for Committee Specification Draft Status
   Hal: Would anyone like more time to review?
   (NONE)

   John: I move that the TC approve "Request/Response Interface based
         on JSON and HTTP for XACML 3.0 Version 1.0, Working Draft 15,
         02 September 2013" and all associated artifacts packaged
         together in
         https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/50927/xacml-json-http-v1.0-wd15.doc
         as a Committee Specification Draft and designate the .doc
         version of the specification as authoritative.

   Remon: Second

   VOTE: APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

  Approve a Committee Specification Draft for Public Review
   John: I move that the TC approve the "Request/Response Interface based
         on JSON and HTTP for XACML 3.0 Version 1.0, Working Draft 15,
         02 September 2013" after the committee spec draft version is
         published to the repository be made available for public review.

   Steven: Second

   VOTE: APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

  RuleID (question on list)
   Steven: There is a Rule Reference in the combiners to avoid ambiguity

   Hal: Yes, that is correct.

   ACTION ITEM: Steven to post more complete answer to list.

  Meeting Time Change 14 November 2013-
   Steven: I move to change the scheduled meeting time for this TC
           meeting starting 14 November 20013 to be as follows:
           11:30 PT, 14:30 ET. 6:30 NZDT

   Bill: Second

   VOTE: APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

   Hal: NOTE that 28 November and 26 December meetings will be
        canceled due to overlap with US holidays.

III. Issues
  IP Address comparisons
   John: there was a discussion about how to address this..?

   Hal: We have had discussions in the past about functions that would
        match a patterns. There are two approaches: (1) a large number
        of comparison functions; (2) an extraction function that would
        pull out the necessary information.

   John: How about members updating the Profile with proposed text for
         these topics so we can work against a tangible solution?

   ACTION ITEM: Hal will write up some example functions for comparison
                to begin discussion.

  DLP Profile - Use Cases
   John: We have asked for more concrete Use Cases to be inserted into
         the Profile to likewise give the TC tangible requirements
         against.

      Hal: Many of the cases presented seem like traditional PEP/PDP
           interactions

   John: I see some of these being performed asynchronously and not
         at run time.

   Crystal: I agree with John's goal of finding a way to establishing
            interchangeable policies between disparate systems, not
            the development of new machinery.

meeting adjourned