Subject: Using higer-order bag functions with IP & DNS functions

Steven,

After a quick look at Section A.3.12 it looks to me that the functions I have in mind would work fine with all the higher order bag functions. The text merely says the "worker" function invoked by the hobf must be a " ... Boolean function that takes n arguments of primitive types." The functions I am proposing are Boolean functions of two arguments of IP of DNS types.

For example in abbreviated form, I am proposing:

IPmatch( IPpattern, IPvalue ) I believe this would allow:

Any-of( IPmatch(), IPpattern, bag-of-IP-values )

Or as in the examples in A.3.12:

Any-of( IPmatch(), IPpattern, IP-bag( IPval1, IPval2, IPval3))

Does that make sense or am I missing something?

Hal