Subject: RE: Using higer-order bag functions with IP & DNS functions

I don't see any problem with defining value equal functions. The only reason I wasn't planning to was because I didn't think matching an exact IP address or DNS name would be useful very often. A policy that says IP must be exactly such and such doesn't seem scalable. And matching for example, the IP of the Subject with the IP of the Resource is not like matching the Subject with Resource owner or matching the Subject's clearance with the Resource classification.

Similarly I can't think of many cases where you would have a bag of say IP values and want to see if a specific one is present. The converse case of wanting to see if a single value matches a bunch of possibilities seems well covered by the use of a wildcard pattern.

I will go ahead and add ipAddress-value-equal and dnsName-value-equal functions.

BTW, do you have usecases in mind of are you just looking for regularity?

Hal