Subject: Minutes for 6 February 2014 TC Meeting

Time: 14:30 EST
Tel: 513-241-0892
Access Code: 65998

Minutes for 6 February 2014 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes

 Roll call:
   Voting Members
    The Boeing Company 	Crystal Hayes
    The Boeing Company 	Richard Hill
    ViewDS 		Steven Legg
    Oracle 		Rich Levinson
    Oracle 		Hal Lockhart
    Individual 		Bill Parducci
    Axiomatics 		Erik Rissanen
    EMC 		Remon Sinnema
    The Boeing Company 	John Tolbert

  hal: we have quorum

 Approve Minutes:
  23 January 2014 TC Meeting (updated)
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00015.html

   unanimous approval no objections

II. Administrivia

  30-day Public Review of XACML 3.0 Additional Combining Algorithms Profile V1.0
   has been announced
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00017.html
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00016.html
   in progress

  Erik bringing legacy profiles up to date w OASIS templates, etc.:
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00027.html
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00030.html (starter docs)

   hal: people should attest to usage of any profiles they have successfully
    used

    actions from prev minutes:
     Erik:  briefly reviewed the clean-up steps to bring into alignment
         with latest Oasis document guidelines. SAML and
         Administration Profiles remain on the todo list.
   | Hal: we should review the comments posted on xacml-comment by TAB
   |      on the MAP profile, since some of the formatting issues may
   |      apply to the legacy profiles as well.
   | Erik: I will check the RFC reference comments and make sure I get the
   |       citation formats right

   Legacy profiles uploaded:

    xacml-3.0-rbac-v1.0-wd10.doc uploaded (23 Jan 2014)
     XACML v3.0 Core and Hierarchical Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
       Profile Version 1.0
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00013.htm

    xacml-3.0-hierarchical-v1.0-wd14.doc uploaded
     XACML v3.0 Hierarchical Resource Profile Version 1.0
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00005.html
     steven comment (30 Jan 2014):
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00018.html
     mohammad, erik comments (21-22 Jan 2014):
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00007.html
       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00006.html

     hal: asked if there are additional comments on hierarchical: none

    xacml-3.0-privacy-v1.0-wd08.doc uploaded
     XACML v3.0 Privacy Policy Profile Version 1.0
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00008.html
    xacml-3.0-dsig-v1.0-wd07.doc uploaded
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201401/msg00009.html
    xacml-3.0-multiple
     XACML v3.0 Multiple Decision Profile Version 1.0 uploaded (WD-11)
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00031.html

   Remaining legacy profiles:
    xacml-3.0-administration
     XACML v3.0 Administration and Delegation Profile Version 1.0
    xacml-profile-saml2.0
     SAML 2.0 Profile of XACML: Version 2.0

   erik: is working on them: should be done soon

  Discussion on strategy for releasing/announcing profiles:

   john: should we try to do one giant package of profile upds
	incl json;

   hal: erik will followup on json; also the attestations will help
	 determine the way forward, and possibly take votes in
	 that direction.

	 should we go ahead w public reviews?

   erik: should get the formatting solid first.

 -> hal: we may not need short public review;
	 will look again next time what we can move to CS

    bill: will talk to chet and see if can get a bunch of them announced
	at once rather than trickling out one at a time.

    hal: it has been plan to send a bunch to tc admin at once; good idea
	to give chet a heads up that its coming.

  Other recent profiles in progress:

   Request / Response Interface based on JSON and HTTP for #XACML 3.0 V1.0
    David Brossard has requested a vote to move to CSD/PR
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00015.html
    Questions and notes on the JSON Interface specification [xacml-dev]
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-dev/201401/msg00001.html
    David was on vacation - progress status still pending.

   hal: pending update when david b gets time to do updates

   XACML MAP Authorization Profile Version 1.0 - 30-day Public Review
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00029.html
     (should end 14 January)
     comments received (Patrick Durusau: Members of the Technical Advisory Board):
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201401/msg00000.html
     see hal's comment above: people should review this
     also: hal, mohammad: short paragraph on usage (see last minutes)

    hal: patrick made comments about formatting; we should get all this
     stuff done correctly

III. Issues

  Questions and notes on the JSON Interface specification
   several comments have been made on xacml-dev:
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-dev/201401/maillist.html

   hal: consensus has been that comments valid and david will act on it.

  DLP-NAC: authorized applications - HTTP action-id
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201312/msg00020.html (thread)
   minutes: John: still considering this. Possible update in a few weeks.
    status: tbd

  john: still under dev

IV. Other

  hal:  next mtg Feb 20

    meeting adjourned 2:50 PM EST

--
Thanks, Rich

Oracle
Rich Levinson | Internet Standards Security Architect
Mobile: +1 978 5055017
Oracle Identity Management
45 Network Drive | Burlington, Massachusetts 01803

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment