Subject: Fwd: Data Aggregation Request for Information (RFI) Released

Dear XACML TC members:

I am sure some of you may have seen this Request For Information (appended below) from the US government, seeking to learn more about relevant industry practices that relate to interpolating some identification attributes, from multiple weighted sources, to serve as identity and affiliation data, for identity verification and access control purposes.

We are passing it along to you, in case you know of relevant practices -- which can be either proprietary or open and standards-based -- that might be worth sharing with the requesting agencies.   At first read, for example, there might be some overlap between the affiliation-inferencing functions described in the RFI, and attribute-brokering and re-use as we know them in our federated identity management domain.

I don't think we plan to offer an RFI response from OASIS, but individual projects or experts may wish to consider sharing relevant practices or success stories in response to the RFI.

Cordially  JBC

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php

www.twitter.com/JamieXML
http://t.sina.cn/jamiexml
http://www.slideshare.net/jamiexml
http://facebook.com/oasis.open

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <DNI-PM-ISE-EXECSEC@dni.gov>
Date: Feb 10, 2014
To: [ISE consultative bodies]

Hello SCC Members,

The ISA IPC’s, Data Aggregation Working Group has released an official Request for Information (RFI) for inputs from industry.

The President’s National Strategy for Information Sharing and Safeguarding (NSISS), signed in December 2012 stated that Data Aggregation and Correlation is one of the top 10 priorities for Information Sharing. We have released an official Request for Information (RFI) for inputs – from industry, international partners, government, anyone! – on specific elements the reference architecture should include, how it should be written, and other details.

We are looking to develop a reference architecture for distributed data correlation and entity resolution systems, called for by the Information Sharing and Access Interagency Policy Committee (ISA IPC) and the Data Aggregation Working Group (DAWG), with cooperation from the DHS's Directorate of Science and Technology (S&T). We are eager for industry contributions to help define a future architecture to support the vision of cross-organization information sharing of correlated data and resolved entities.

We know we can’t write this alone. We need to harness information and expertise that exists outside of the four walls of government to ensure the reference architecture is a useful one.

Stay tuned. We are excited about the possibilities of working on this document across governments and sectors.

Link to RFI: https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=e5ce39a84c1e09afab844a9487866a68&tab=core&_cview=0

Thank you,

PM-ISE Executive Secretariat * * *

* * *