Subject: Re: [xacml] Comments on XACML Privacy Policy v1.0 profile

Hi Hohammad,

What I meant is that someone may want to do a mix of user, resource, action, etc, centric policies. Doing so would be best done with the nested entities profile because then one can store the different properties of allowed combinations as data in a PIP, rather than lots of rules which describe individual permissions.

Best regards,
Erik

On 2014-06-05 23:26, Mohammad Jafari wrote:

Hi Erik,

I don’t follow how this relates to the nested and related entities profile and I didn’t mean to suggest we extend the profile using regex matching. Could you perhaps elaborate?

My point is that if the profile is supposed to be called the “privacy” profile it should not be restricted to a very specific use-case and it should at least cover other forms of purpose-based policies. My problem is with the normative policy which addresses only a very simple use-case while the profile bears the very broad title of “privacy”.

Regards,

Mohammad