Subject: XACML presentation at OASIS

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know I will be presenting our latest work at the Cloud Identity Summit in Monterey, CA in 10 days' time.

I will focus on the developer friendliness of XACML:
I will also talk about the latest profiles that are coming up (business orientation) such as:
Details of the talk: http://www.cloudidentitysummit.com/events/cloud-identity-summit-2014/agenda-e09252dca9f144cbbd77691980893949.aspx

Title: "Why lasagna is better than spaghetti: baking fine-grained authorization into your Apps & APIs using ALFA, REST, and JSON".

Abstract:
Next-generation access control is undergoing a bit of an identity crisis. Some call it eXternalized Authorization Management, others Dynamic Access Control and still others just refer to it as Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC). Until now, XACML and ABAC have been the two pillars supporting next-gen AuthZ so far. Gartner even predicts 70% enterprises will adopt ABAC by 2020. Architects have loved it so far. Let's now pamper the developers.

Why should we care about externalized authorization? It supports the following paramout business activities:
  • secure cross-enterprise collaboration
  • rapid and secure transactions
  • efficient software development
  • regulatory compliance

We are here today to talk about the three basic ingredients that make externalized authorization easier to whip up than your average Mac 'n Cheese and much more impressive than spaghetti. These are the three parts of the developer's secret sauce to embrace easier integration and development of externalized authZ benefits:
  • ALFA, the abbreviated language for authorization is the secret sauce hand-crafted in Stockholm, Sweden that delivers fine-grained attribute-based access control and makes writing authorization easier than cooking pasta (link).
  • the REST Profile of XACML v3.0 Version 1.0: integration made simple (link)
  • the JSON Profile of XACML v. 3.0: a lightweight version of the popular XACML request/response format (link).
With ALFA, REST, and JSON, even the most complex authorization scenarios become extremely simple to implement. It's haute cuisine made simple.

In this session, we will go hands-on with examples, live demos, coding, and delicious samples. The faint of heart should refrain from attending.

Warning: this workshop does contain significant traces of nuts and gluten. This is, after all, about pasta.