Subject: Re: [xacml] Cross references?

Hi Erik,

Ok, got it. So is there any reason not to cite to the Latest version link so that it automatically stays up to date? In other words:

[xacml-3.0-multiple-v1.0]

XACML v3.0 Multiple Decision Profile Version 1.0. Edited by Erik Rissanen. Latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/multiple/v1.0/xacml-3.0-multiple-v1.0.html.

Citing it that way in your references section ensures that the reader will always be taken to the most recent version of the spec. In other words, if this is the version that is cited in Hierarchial and Multiple was a Candidate OASIS Standard when Hierarchial was published but has since been approved as an OASIS Standard, someone clicking on the link will get the OS.

To me that seems the simplest solution. And you can get these references easily enough - just go to the end of the cover page we put on the spec you want to cite, copy the citation format block (that's what I did above), then cut out the current date, stage and link and just leave the Latest version link.

Will that work?

/chet