Subject: Minutes 02 October 2014 TC Meeting

Minutes for 2 October TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
  Roll Call:
   Crystal Hayes
   Richard Hill
   Steven Legg
   Rich Levinson
   Hal Lockhart Chair
   Bill Parducci Chair
   Remon Sinnema
   John Tolbert
   Mohammad Jafari

I. Roll Call & Minutes
  Approve Minutes:
   18 September 2014 TC Meeting
   APPROVED unanimously

II. Administrivia
  RSA 2015 Interop
    Richard:
      I contacted Jane. There isn't a determining threshold. We currently have 2
      non-TC members and 1 TC member confirmed for participation. There may be
      one other participant, which should suffice. I will keep the TC posted. If
      there are others interested please let me know.
   Richard:
     Axiomatics has said they would be interested in adding REST/JSON testing.
   Bill:
     Can I get clarification on scope?
   Hal:
     Currently IPC, EC-US, MAP and potentially REST/JSON Profiles.

  REST Profile of XACML v3.0 Version 1.0
   Hal noted: 15-day Public Review - ends 9 October 2014

  IPC Profile
   Hal noted: Submitted to TC-Admin as Candidate OASIS Standard

  EC-US Profile
   Hal noted: Submitted to TC-Admin as Candidate OASIS Standard

  MAP Profile
   Hal noted: 60-day CoS Public Review - ends 15 November 2014

  Errata collection
   Bill:
     This was carried forward from a previous meeting as an Action Item for the
     Chairs.
   Hal:
     We will have something to report by the next meeting.

  Scheduling
   Hal:
     I propose that we use the same Daylight/Standard scheduling approach as was
     used last year (posted details to list). Effectively, once the US changes
     time, the meeting will move to 15:30. Please comment any concerns to the
     list.
   Hal:
     Meetings this year land on Thanksgiving and Christmas so have been
     canceled.

III. Issues
  Hierarchical Role Based Access Control (RBAC) Profile
   Hal:
     A note posted by Erik said that TC Admin had already corrected the typo in
     the abstract. Do we wish to move to CS?
   Hal:
     15 day Public Review was held without comments. We should be clear to
     request a ballot for Committee Specification.
   John:
     I move to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a
     Special Majority Ballot to approve XACML v3.0 Core and Hierarchical Role
     Based Access Control (RBAC) Profile Version 1.0, Committee Specification
     Draft 05 contained in
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/3.0/rbac/v1.0/csprd04/xacml-3.0-rbac-v1.0-csprd04.doc
     as a Committee Specification.
   Bill:
     I second.
   VOTE:
     APPROVED unanimously
   ACTION ITEM:
     Chairs to submit for CS ballot to TC-ADMIN.

  Admin Delegation Profile
   Hal:
     There has been some good discussion from Erik and Steven re: reduction on
     the list. I intend to produce a new Working Draft that adds features that I
     believe will be compatible with current implementations and that include
     some "missing pieces". This will be a NEW VERSION and is not intended to be
     promoted past CSD. Then I would like to work on a Working Draft that
     eliminates the prefixing scheme and opens the evaluation logic to further
     discussion (in line with what is being discussed on the list). We should
     also add the Author POV even if it is non-normative to provided context to
     potential authors.

  Privacy Profile
   Bill:
     Erik posted to the list that he was going to look through comments to see
     if any edits are necessary to address them.
   Hal:
     We need to get Erik to clarify his position/status on this before moving
     forward.

  JSON Profile
   Bill:
     It seems that the general consensus of the group is that this Profile is
     ready for promotion however, we have been waiting for David to verify that
     he believes that it is complete.

   Healthcare Use Cases
     Mohammed:
       …reviewed HL7 initiatives that cover healthcare coverage and labeling. I
       will forward the documents to the group.
   Hal:
     There is a general subfolder called "repository" on TC site. I suggest
     posting there with a link that is sent to the list.
   Hal:
     I think there are some useful comments that the TC can make, particularly
     on the programmatic aspects of implementing/managing such systems. I also
     think this may provide an interesting set of requirements to address via
     XACML. You had mentioned a briefing?
   Mohammad:
     Yes, we might be able to provide an introduction.
   Hal:
     A contextual roadmap might be very helpful.
   Mohammed:
     Has there been any interest in classification in the TC historically?
   Hal:
     We have demonstrated labeling in the past. In terms of categorization we
     have ventured into hierarchical definitions in the past, however there has
     been reluctance to making this mandatory.
   John:
     This is very much in line with the work Paul Tyson and I discussed in the
     past re: export control via standard name value pairs, grouped by domain
     based lexicons.
   Rich:
     This is something that may not have succeeded in the past given potential
     resource constraints.
   Hal:
     Detailed, real-world requirements are very welcome by the TC…from any
     domain.

  DLP-NAC Profile
   John:
     We are on Draft 9 of this. Based upon feedback from the TC I would like to
     move forward with promotion of this Profile.
   John:
     I move that the TC approve XACML Data Loss Prevention / Network Access
     Control (DLP/NAC) Profile Version 1.0, Working Draft 09 and all associated
     artifacts packaged together in
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/53699/xacml-3.0-dlp-nac-v1.0-wd09.doc
     as a Committee Specification Draft and furthermore, that CS Draft be
     submitted for a 30 day Public Review. I designate the .doc version of the
     Working Draft as authoritative.
   Steven:
     I second.
   VOTE: