Subject: Minutes for 5 March 2015 TC Meeting

Time: 2:30 PM EST (-0500 GMT)
Tel: 513-241-0892

Access Code: 65998

Minutes for 5 March 2015 TC Meeting

  NOTE: 19 March 2015 mtg cancelled, next mgt 2 April 2015 @ 4:00 PM EDT
	https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201503/msg00002.html

I. Roll Call & Minutes

Crystal Hayes
Richard Hill
Mohammad Jafari
Steven Legg
Rich Levinson
Hal Lockhart	Chair
Bill Parducci	Chair
Remon Sinnema
John Tolbert

Observer
Scott Robertson

  Bill:	we have quorum

  no chgs to agenda:

  Approve Minutes 19 February 2015:
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201502/msg00011.html

  hal: any obj unan consent:
   approved w adding Mohammad to list of attendees, since he was on
	but had some phone problem

II. Administrivia

  XACML v3.0 Privacy Policy Profile Version 1.0 Committee Specification 02
   published by the XACML TC
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201502/msg00010.html

  hal: ready for statements of use on privacy profile

  Last mtg minutes (ref above) indicate backlog of docs/profiles that still
   need to advance where possible.
  Following is email from Hal indicating overall doc status at start of 2015,
   maybe can use that as start point to update status and identify specific
   docs that might need action:
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201501/msg00003.html

  hal: summary of status: all that we have been advancing are at CS,
	some have 3 stmts of use, others don't; we can review soon
	 as to what total status is.

  xacml-comment email from Chet Ensign ref'ing article on mobile pay fraud
   - may be of some general interest:
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml-comment/201503/msg00000.html

  hal: this seems like a social rather than technical issue

  DLP/NAC profile CS Ballot vote passed (16 Feb):
   no announcement from tc-admin yet on publication
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201502/msg00007.html

  john: stmts of use: hoping to get some soon
  hal: hope data types in profile become std

  meeting time:
   hal: next week we are on Savings Time;
        mtg time: next mtg will start @ 4PM EDT

   hal: we should consider skipping next mtg due to known absences;
	will follow up on mail list to decide

  new item: Time To Live
   john: privacy related issues as well;
     will write up the use cases for further consideration by the TC
   hal: on some probing, part of reqt is to express expiration time of decision,
	but to control by the policy as to when it would expire.
	could have obl to response context handler (an inert concept that
	 has implicitly always been there) to help w when decision would
	 be valid.
   hal: there is also a saml profile; prime life project; did do saml profile
	where they lifted piece of xacml, which incl predicate according
	to xacml rules; hide underlying values and return the result
	of a predicate: ex. age >= 18 is true; so basic capability
	has been at least defined.

 OTher items:

  bill: is trying out a new conf line to avoid conflict we ran into by
	surprise today.

III. Issues
  No new issues introduced on list

	hal: rignt now call still sched for mar 19, but need a chair
	 and may cancel

	Meeting adjourned: 2:50 PM ET

--
Thanks, Rich

Oracle
Rich Levinson | Internet Standards Security Architect
Mobile: +1 978 5055017
Oracle Identity Management
45 Network Drive | Burlington, Massachusetts 01803

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment