Subject: Minutes for 14 May 2015 TC Meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EST (-0400 GMT)

Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 14 May 2015 TC Meeting

  Note: thanks to Bill for most of the text for the minutes.
   I added a few comments on OpenAz OAuth since it seemed
   relevant to today's discussion for people's reference

I. Roll Call:

Crystal Hayes	Voting Member
Richard Hill	Voting Member
Steven Legg	Voting Member
Rich Levinson	Secretary
Hal Lockhart	Chair
Bill Parducci	Chair
John Tolbert	Voting Member
Martin Smith    Member

 & Minutes:
  Approve Minutes 30 April 2015:
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201504/msg00012.html

	approved unanimously

II. Administrivia

  European Identity Conference:
    any updates on conf and presentations?

	John: Overall good. A lot of interest privacy issues.
	 EU is establishing heavy fine structure for companies
	  that expose private data.
	 Overviewed current work in presentation.
	 Did a quick poll of interest go forward work for TC:
	   integration with OAuth;
	   User Managed Access policy tie into XACML
	  came back as two top areas of interest.

	Hal: UMA sounds might have interesting intersection
	 on Policy generation

	John: Assisting in the development of XACML compliant policies
	 could be quite useful.

	Rich: note that the OpenAz project demonstrated integration
	 w OAUth a couple of years ago:
	  http://svn.code.sf.net/p/openaz/code/branches/RB-1.2/openaz/test/doc/test/OAuthSimulator.html

	 note also, that policies were established in "xacml shorthand", which
	  is similar to other reduced size xacml producing languages;

	 the "xacml shorthand" policy for OAuth is here:
	  http://sourceforge.net/p/openaz/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/openaz/test/policy/TestAzApi-OpenAz-OAuth-Pseudo-Policy.txt

	 the xacml policy that is generated from the "xacml shorthand" is
	  shown here:
	   http://sourceforge.net/p/openaz/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/openaz/test/policy/TestAzApi-OAuth-Only-Generated-Policy.xml

	 the module that generates the xacml policy from the xacml shorthand
	  is described here:
	   http://svn.code.sf.net/p/openaz/code/branches/RB-1.2/openaz/test/doc/test/policies/OpenAzPolicyReader.html

	Also, please be advised that the above links are to the original OpenAz repository;
	Based on the move to apache, I am not sure exactly how or whether they will be
	 preserved, which is tbd.

  OpenAz
     updates on transition to apache

	Hal: This has moved to Apache incubator.
	 I will get some posts up in the near future.

III. Issues
  No new issues introduced on list

 Meeting adjourned 4:50 PM EDT

--
Thanks, Rich

Oracle
Rich Levinson | Internet Standards Security Architect
Mobile: +1 978 5055017
Oracle Identity Management
45 Network Drive | Burlington, Massachusetts 01803

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment