Subject: RE: [xacml] Comment on NIST/NCCOE draft -- existing XACML architecture artifacts?

I think it was me not Rich.

What I had in mind was something like section 3.1 of the core spec.

Also I and others have done many overview of XACML/ABAC architecture presentations over the years. For example, This presentation Prateek and Rich did at RSA in 2009.  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/22335/RSA-V09.ppt

Or the attached one I created for the 2012 RSA Showcase.

Hal

From: Martin Smith [mailto:bfc.mclean@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2015 3:46 PM
To: rich levinson; William Parducci
Cc: XACML TC

Rich/Bill--

Last meeting in discussing possible TC comment on the NIST/NCCOE draft, I believe Rich expressed reluctance to make a comment like "you should do more work to make x change in your document" rather than offering specific text adds or changes. He also suggested that there might be something produced in the TC in the past that could be offered as a logical architecture to be added to the NIST doc. (Addition of a non-product-specific architecture diagram to the NIST document was my suggested comment.)

So, this is just a reminder to ask if Rich or anyone can suggest a TC-produced artifact that we might provide to NIST for incorporation in the document.

Martin

--

Martin F Smith, Principal

BFC Consulting, LLC