Subject: Minutes 12 November 2015 TC Meeting - UPDATED

| Minutes of XACML TC Meeting 12 November 2015

I. Roll Call
  Attendees
   Richard Hill
   Steven Legg
   Rich Levinson
   Martin Smith
   Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)

  Quorum achieved (60% per Kavi)

  Approval of Minutes
   Vote on approval of 29 October 2015 TC meeting minutes
   APPROVED: UNANIMOUS CONSENT

II. Administrivia
  ANNC: 2nd ACM Workshop on IoT Privacy, Trust, and Security (IoTPTS 2016)
   Hal:
    This is being held in China.

  Related and Nested Entities Profile v1.0, CS-01 published
   Hal:
    This is now a Committee Spec. Thank you everyone for your contributions.

  NIST/NCCOE draft question: XACML artifact
   Hal:
    [Reviewed the conversation on the list, referred to links that could be
    useful for generating referential documentation.]
   Martin:
    The way this document is structured, whatever content we generate it should
    make reference to solving the requirements defined up front.
   Hal:
    Agreed. That makes sense.
   Martin:
    I think there maybe federation requirements as well.

III. Issues
  Common Practices for Binding Resources
   Hal:
    I assume this is primarily referring to resource metadata attributes. David
    Brossard posted a good answer to the list. I encourage other people to
    comment on any solutions beyond these.
   Martin:
    My impression is that it is very diverse and effectively custom for each
    environment. {two examples} I was hoping to gather more contributions like
    David's to capture what is being implemented today.
   Hal:
    During a previous interop there was a conversation about placing metadata in
    a canonical document location.
   Martin: Message tagging often has a very structured labeling mechanism, and
    there are other examples. The more scenarios we can capture the better.

  Default behavior for unrecognized resource attributes?
   Hal:
    Is there any other discussion outstanding on this? {none}

meeting adjourned.