Subject: Minutes 18 February 2016 TC Meeting

Time: 2:30 PM EST (-0500 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 18 February 2016 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
  Attendance
   Richard Hill
   Steven Legg
   Rich Levinson
   Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
   Remon Sinnema
   Martin Smith
   John Tolbert

   Quorum: YES. 8 of 9 (88%) per Oasis site

  Approve Minutes 4 February 2016
   APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

II. Administrivia
  Perception of XACML (Discussion list)
   Hal:
    {Briefly reviewed thread} I encourage anyone who is interested to get
    involved in the project.
   Hal:
    What is really needed is what SAML has, which is an overview/introductory
    document (i.e. Executive Overview) and a technic overview that is more
    detailed. A few of us started on this type of project back in 2002 but it
    was not finished. Clearly we need more introductory material and I am
    personally going to begin doing some work on that. I believe that some
    articles have been posted by the Axiomatics people on a variety of
    introductory topics.
   Martin:
    It takes a while to get oriented. The roles of PEPs, PDPs and Context
    Handlers are an area that takes time to understand. I agree that something
    more introductory out there would be useful.
   Richard:
    One of my early frustrations was trying to find relevant Use Cases of
    problems to solve using XACML. I think that if there was a higher level
    document that could introduce those that it would he helpful.
   Hal:
    One item I would like to record is some of the intentions of why things
    where chosen as they were (e.g. "Why bags?")
   Hal:
    Perhaps the best way to approach this is to carve this into digestible
    aspects of the spec. Anyone who is interested in pursing this should post
    to the list or reach out to me directly.
   Rich:
    I think we have run into this before and a previous interOp (e.g. XSPA work)
    have summary detail like this, however they are quite specific in the
    problem space.

III.
  Default behavior for unrecognized resource attributes
   Hal:
    Anyone have anything further to comment?
   Martin:
    I have nothing to add at this time.

meeting adjourned.