Subject: Minutes 9 June 2016 TC meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EST (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 620-103-760

Minutes for 9 June 2016 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
 Attendance
  Voting Members
   Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
   Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
   Rich Levinson
   Steven Legg
   Martin Smith

 Members
  Richard Hill
  Remon Sinnenma

  Quorum: YES. 5 of 6 (83%) per Oasis site

  Approve Minutes 26 May 2016 (updated)
  APPROVED UNANIMOUSLY

II. Administrivia
  Additions to Agenda
   Martin: IDESG Standards Registry inclusion
   Hal: Consensus around applicable policy list

  Recap of Document Status
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201605/msg00020.html
  Hal:
   {briefly reviewed status}
  Martin:
   I learned that moving these to standards qualifies them for ITU-T adoption.
  Hal:
   Yes, Oasis has a relationship with ITU

  Errata editor
   https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201606/msg00001.html
 Errata Starter docs
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201606/msg00003.html
   Hal:
    Richard has volunteered to be the Editor. Some of the errata in the wiki should be
    usable with limited clean-up.
   Richard:
    I will review the documents from Oasis Admin.
   Hal:
    This process is similar to creating an Oasis Standard.

 Nomination of XACML 3.0 and Profiles for IDESG Standards Registry
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xacml/201606/msg00002.html
  Hal:
   The UN document associated with my post today outlines some possible use cases. The
   Blockhain reference is unlikely to have a use case that intersects with XACML.
  Martin:
   I am requesting comment/input from the TC on the draft IDESG Nomination Form (posted as
   attachment on 6/9/2016 in TC list) for the XACML Core Spec to be accepted into the
   IDESG Standards Registry. I particularly need for input where I put [??] in the draft.
  Martin:
   I recommended that we submit two nominations forms:  one for the Core Spec and another
   grouping together all XACML Profiles the TC would like to recommend for inclusion in
   the Registry. I believe that the IDESG Standards Committee would prefer not to have to
   process separate forms for each Profile since they are reviewing the nominations on
   only a few criteria rather than the details of each proposed standard or profile.
  Hal:
   I think it would be best to submit this per spec. I am not sure if each must be a
   Specification.
  Martin:
   It is my understanding that a Profile at the level of Committee Spec or above is
   eligible for inclusion in the IDESG Standards Register.
  Bill:
   Is this a workload issue on their end?
  Hal:
   Given details that are unique to each Specification that may make that a wash.
  Hal:
   I'd like to suggest that we begin a discussion on the List to determine which specs we
   would like to nominate.
  {general consensus}

 Applicable Policy List Contents
  Hal:
   I think this will be the most challenging issue to solve with the Errata. I originally
   posted something, that Steven expanded upon. I would like to take another run at this
   after giving it some more thought.

 Borderless Cyber Europe
  Hal:
   If anyone is interested, this will be happening in the beginning of September. "Early
   Bird" pricing ends June 15. One of the key topics surrounds a threat intelligence
   exchange. There will be a similar event called Asia later in the year.

meeting adjourned.