Subject: Call for volunteer assessor for IDESG Standards Coord Committee review of XACMLv3 nominations

XACML TC members--

With support of the TC, the OASIS XACMLv3 Core Spec and selected Profiles were nominated for inclusion in the Standards Registry of the Identity Ecosystem Steering Group (IDESG.)

The two nominations (one for the Core Spec and a second for Profiles) were on the agenda at the latest meeting of the IDESG Standards Coordinating Committee, and approved for further consideration.

The next step is for an assessor to evaluate the nominated standards in a bit more detail vs. the IDESG's criteria, and provide an assessment report to the SCC.

This is a request for a volunteer to perform the assessments. I believe an XACML TC Member would make an ideal assessor as you are already familiar with the standard and its implementation. (As the nominator, I am not able to be the assessor.)

My very first choice for an assessor would be a TC Member who is also an "enterprise customer", but that would be icing on the cake.

What's involved?
1. A person who has done these IDESG assessments for other candidate standards provided a time-required estimate of 4-6 hours each, so 8-12 hours for the two nominations.
2. This time would include participation in a meeting (Webex or concall) of the SCC to answer any questions about the assessment.
3. The combined nomination/assessment forms for the two XACMLv3 nominations can be found in the TC Archives via the link provided below in Background . . .
4. The assessment questions refer to more detailed guidance in the IDESG Standards Adoption Process v2 (SAPv2), which I will make available to potentially interested assessors.
5. There is no set deadline but I would hope the assessment would be done easily within 4-6 weeks.
6. I will be available to answer or get answers to IDESG-related questions; Jamie Clark is also very familiar with IDESG policies and operations and might be another resource.

Background on this issue is in the TC Archives (including links to the IDESG combined Nomination/Assessment forms for the two XACML nominations):

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/email/archives/201608/msg00000.html

I plan to be on the regular call tomorrow so if I've left out anything you can ask me then . . .

Thanks!

Martin

--
Martin F Smith, Principal