Subject: Minutes 11 May 2017 TC meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EST (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031

Minutes for 11 May 2017 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
 Attendance
 Voting Members
  Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
  Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
  Rich Levinson
  Steven Legg

 Members
  David Brossard

 Quorum: YES. 4 of 6 (66%)

 Approve Minutes 27 April 2017
  APPROVED

II. Administrivia
 No administrative issues.

III. Issues
 Errata Status
  Hal:
   I uploaded the 3 versions of the docs. Based upon the list traffic I'll entertain a
   motion to put working Draft 15 day p[ublic review
  Bill:
   I move that the XACML TC approve moving from a Working Errata Draft:
   eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Version 3.0 Errata 01 Working Draft 05
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/60527/xacml-3.0-core-spec-errata01-wd05.doc
   as a Committee Specification Draft Core Draft w Errata applied, and designate the .doc
   version of the specification as authoritative and to be published to the repository
   AND
   be made available for a 15-day Public Review
   AND
   a comparison document between original Core OS and the new Core CSD with Errata appied:
   eXtensible Access Control Markup Language (XACML) Version 3.0 OASIS Standard – With
   Errata 01 applied 22 January 2013
   https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xacml/download.php/60621/xacml-3.0-core-os-en-REDLINE.docx
  Steven:
   I second the motion.
  Hal:
   Any Objections?
  Vote:
   APPROVED unanimously
  Hal:
   I will take action item to submit to TC-Admin.

 Compound Attributes
  No further discussion at this time.

 Collaboration
  David:
   About 3 years XACML had discussed collaborating with Oasis PRMN TC to make more XACML
   more visible with groups context of privacy policy.
  Hal:
   First question is what mechanisms to get the word out.
  Rich:
   Concur that this would be good, but seems like XML basis is an issue for adoption.
  Hal:
   I think the first step is what avenues
  David:
   XACML being XML is a small issue, XACML itself being unknown is a much greater unknown
   in our experience, even within many of the security circles. One way is to work within
   Oasis to spread the word better. Also we can externally author pages that provide examples that
   demonstrate application.
  Rich:
   I think it would be very useful to build a high level model that allows for XACML
   policy without the need for in-depth XML.
  Hal:
   Alpha is the best example of this that I am aware of. We have a Profile that could use
   more examples.
  Rich:
   I will look into that more deeply.
  Hal:
   The idea here is to brainstorm ideas: Are there forums, organizations that could be
   reached out to.
  David:
   There are some legal topics emerging...I can post the first email of what I have been
   working on to the list.
  Bill:
   Anecdotally, it seems that adoption is heavily aligned with seeing a working example
   and co-opting the applicable bits.
  Hal:
   We have a compliance self-test but policy examples that represent real world situations.
   Starting with something simple like "what a user can do, what an admin can do..."
  David:
   I have started writing policies on Wikipedia to get them out there.
  Rich:
   The OpenAZ demo on the TC site does a good job of demonstrating how OAuth can be
   implemented in conjunction with XACML.
  Bill:
   I think it would be worthwhile to see if we can find a way to bump this up. I think we
   were ahead of the curve here.
  Hal:
   Let's continue brainstorming on the list.

Meeting adjourned.