Subject: Minutes 24 May 2018 TC Meeting

Time: 4:30 PM EDT (-0400 GMT)
Tel: 1-712-775-7031

Minutes for 24 May 2018 TC Meeting

I. Roll Call & Minutes
Attendance
Voting Members
 Hal Lockhart (Co-Chair)
 Bill Parducci (Co-Chair)
 Rich Levinson
 Steven Legg

Members
 David Brossard
 Martin Smith

Guest
 Michael Good, Axiomatics

Quorum: YES. 4 of 5 (80%)

Approve Minutes 26 April 2018
 APPROVED

II. Administrivia
  Next call 21 June 4:30 EDT

  Open Policy Agent (OPA)
   David:
    I mentioned on the list about the OPA coming on the scene. Would be we open to a
    presentation by them? They are working on a concise language. It could be interesting
    as an input in considering XACML v4.
   Martin:
    I looked at this and it looks to be code-like in nature.
   Hal:
    I am going to want to check with Oasis on this. This may invoke some IPR steps before
    the TC can do this. ACTION ITEM

   Oauth (redux)
    David:
     I recently attended the EU Identity Conference and User Managed Access was an active
     topic with Oauth.
    Martin:
     I don't think they have a policy language.
    David:
     Correct. XACML could fill the gap.
    Rich:  few years ago I put together a demo on SourceForge as part of OpenAZ on how to
     integrate Oauth and XACML.

III. Issues
  Rest Profile
    Steven:
     Reviewed changes. I downgraded entry point functional is main point. Also updated
     reference to XACML v3, JSON Profile and newer. I believe that this Profile is ready,
     barring any typographic issues. I assume this will wait until the JSON Profile is
     ready as well.
    Hal:
     Yes, that makes sense.

  JSON Profile
   Steven:
    Reviewed changes: I have added a glossary that defines all the terms needed to use in
    JSON to avoid any confusion with XAML syntax. This made it easier to bring for richer
    prose into the tables. The tables are not a complete reference to all of the members
    of an object. I moved comments to the Type column, updated references. I moved all
    choices between single and array object and replaced with array only. The StatusObject
    member, StatusDetail, was string and has been modified to an array of objects to be
    consistent with our move to arrays and make the references in the Profile consistent.
    I also removed references to NULL and stated that empty arrays are allowed. I found a
    small edit that I would to fix so I will be submitting an update.

meeting adjourned