Subject: FW: Version Numbers of REST & JSON Profiles

I wrote to TC Admin and Paul Knight answered (bellow). There were a couple of implications of a version number change, which hadnât occurred to me, but overall the whole process will be much easier than I expected. We donât have to do anything special after the Public Review. Both docs will go to PR as version 1.1.

Hal

From: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 6:42 PM
To: Hal Lockhart <hal.lockhart@oracle.com>
Cc: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>; Bill Parducci <bill@parducci.net>
Subject: Re: Version Numbers of REST & JSON Profiles

Hi Hal,

I think we will need to prepare the current PR documents using the new title for "REST" and the new Version 1.1 numbers for both REST and JSON, and we will also restart the Committee Specification Draft numbering at 01 - so they will both be published as v1.1/csprd01.

I don't see anything in the ballots [1] that would prevent this, since they both say:
"Do you approve making [...] Working Draft [#] a Committee Specification Draft and conducting a 30 day Public Review of it?"

A change in Version number requires placing the files in a different directory structure, and we can't just have the CS appear in the v1.1 directories without any preceding drafts, so we do need to publish these CSPRDs in the new directories.

I will add a line in the front pages under "Related work" which says "This specification replaces or supersedes [title] v1.0", to point back to the earlier stages of the documents.

So, to summarize, the previous XACML-JSON and XACML-REST Work Products will stop at v1.0/cos01, and the new Versions will begin as v1.1/csprd01. Also, the title of XACML-REST will change to âXACML REST Profile Version 1.1â, while XACML-JSON will keep the same title, except for the change from Version 1.0 to Version 1.1.

Any objections to handling it that way?

Best regards,

Paul