Subject: FW: Question with the XACML-REST namespace

I need to hear from as many organizations as possible who are implementing the REST Profile. As you can see below, the current namespace is not in accord with Naming Directives. The question is: is it too late to change this?

If you are not comfortable answering publically for some reason, you can respond directly to the chairs.

Hal

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2018 12:58 PM
To: Hal Lockhart <hal.lockhart@oracle.com>; bill parducci <bill@parducci.net>
Cc: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>
Subject: Question with the XACML-REST namespace

Hi Bill, hi Hal,

Paul came across the namespace for the XACML-REST specification yesterday and realized that it doesn't conform to the format in use.

The namespace is http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/xacml/relation. Per the Naming Directives, the form we'd use would be http://docs.oasis-open.org/xacml/ns/relation.

Paul noted however that the namespace appears to be in use in a lot of implementations. He did a search in Google for "ns/xacml/relation" and got 114 hits.

So we'll leave it as is unless you tell us that it doesn't matter. If changing it won't break anything, we'll update it. But if it cause headaches and work for your user community, then we'll leave it alone.

Can you just confirm to us either that we should leave it as is or that we can go ahead and change it, I'd appreciate it. We'll then have the issue documented for future publications.

Thanks much,

--

/chet

Looking forward to Borderless Cyber 2018, 3-5 Oct, Washington, D.C.

Organized by The World Bank, OASIS, and Georgetown University

Chet Ensign
Chief Technical Community Steward
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298