Subject: Re: [xacml] ViewDS Statement of Use for JSON Profile of XACML 3.0 Version 1.1

Curious as to how that would be handled differently from a functional perspectiveâ?

I think to answer this better it would be helpful to walk through a Use Case or two to understand the underlying functional intent.

thanks

On Feb 20, 2019, at 6:35 AM, David Brossard <david.brossard@axiomatics.com> wrote:

Actually no, "" would be an empty string. Null would fall back to the default value.

Either way on the greater scale of things, status code is only really interesting when it carries a value other than OK and only in Indeterminate / NotApplicable cases. Actually what does the spec say in regard to setting values? Policies have no control over that.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019, 8:01 AM William Parducci <bill@parducci.net wrote:
> Something I noticed when updating my implementation is that the StatusCode member
> of the Status object is optional in the JSON profile whereas it is mandatory in
> the XML representation. I think it was David's intention that an absent StatusCode
> member should be treated the same as an empty StatusCode object, and that's what
> I've implemented, but we don't explicitly say that anywhere.

So a null is treated as ââ?

thanks