Subject: Re: [xacml] Re: ViewDS Statement of Use for JSON Profile of XACML 3.0 Version 1.1

Hi David,

On 20/02/2019 5:03 pm, David Brossard wrote:
Hi Steven,

I think my intent was that the absence of a status code in JSON meant a status code of OK (per its default value). Here is what WD19 says:

image.png

It's not very clear indeed. How do you suggest we make it easier to understand?

The place that needs clarification is the default value for the "StatusCode"
member in CD01 Section 5.2.2 (The Status object representation). Instead of
"None", the default value should be:

    {
      "Value": "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:status:ok"
    }

It may be problematic fitting that in the width of the table/page.

It would be sufficient for the default value to be {}. The "Value" member would
default to "urn:oasis:names:tc:xacml:1.0:status:ok" in that case, but it is less
clear and would deserve a paragraph in 5.2.2 to point that out.

Regards,
Steven

Thanks

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 6:22 PM Steven Legg <steven.legg@viewds.com <mailto:steven.legg@viewds.com>> wrote:

    On 12/02/2019 10:45 am, Steven Legg wrote:
     > ViewDS Identity Solutions has successfully implemented OASIS JSON Profile of
     > XACML 3.0 Version 1.1 Committee Specification 01 approved on 5 December 2018,
     > in accordance with all the conformance clauses in Section 9. This did not include
     > interoperation with independent implementations.

    Something I noticed when updating my implementation is that the StatusCode member
    of the Status object is optional in the JSON profile whereas it is mandatory in
    the XML representation. I think it was David's intention that an absent StatusCode
    member should be treated the same as an empty StatusCode object, and that's what
    I've implemented, but we don't explicitly say that anywhere.

    Regards,
    Steven

    generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

David Brossard
VP of Customer Relations
+1 312 774-9163
+1 502 922 6538
+46(0)760 25 85 75

Axiomatics | 525 W. Monroe Suite 2310 | Chicago 60661 <https://maps.google.com/?q=525+W.+Monroe+Suite+2310+%7C+Chicago+60661&entry=gmail&source=g>
Support: https://support.axiomatics.com <https://support.axiomatics.com/>
Web: http://www.axiomatics.com <http://www.axiomatics.com/>
Axiomatics Blog <http://www.axiomatics.com/blog/>Â| Events <http://www.axiomatics.com/events.html>Â| Resources, Webinars & Whitepapers <http://www.axiomatics.com/resources.html>
Connect with us on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/536082>Â| Twitter <http://twitter.com/axiomatics>Â| Google + <https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/101496487994084529291/>Â| Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/axiomatics>Â| YouTube <http://www.youtube.com/user/axiomaticsab>Â| Stackoverflow <https://stackoverflow.com/users/1021725/david-brossard>